Wednesday, February 24, 2010

E-Mart-a

I decided that after 2 1/2 weeks, it was time to go grocery shopping! I ventured to E-Mart-a (<- Konglish) .. it is really E-Mart .. which is about a 15 minute bus ride. It is HUGE. The main floor is all clothing and shoes, the second floor is all homegoods, and the bottom floor is all groceries. I found the wine section, the only one that I had recognized was a J.W. Morris white wine... I'm trying to figure out where I have bought that before. Originally, I thought I had bought it at Trader Joe's, but maybe not? That would be totally random if they had that at a store in Jinju, South Korea! Anyways, I bought bread, peanut butter, jelly, more bread (I've missed it :), some ground pork (I think beef is pretty rare here), no cheese (for the first time in my life! I'm really going to miss it!), fish, and lettuce! I would have bought more, but I had to take a bus and I'm running out of Korean won (I haven't exchanged all of my American yet).

Nothing too intensely odd happened at the store. Although, I'm sure it did, I'm starting to turn a blind eye to things! The seafood area was out of this world though, its very weird for me to see squid in a grocery store still. I mean I absolutely love it, but these people adore it! At the Kindergarten, I ate lunch yesterday there, and they served a squid soup.. even to the little kids! I was pretty amazed, it was a broth with cut up pieces of squid. I miss it being deep fried though :( Thats the best, and not really done here. Can you even imagine feeding squid to 4 year olds in America!? it just doesn't really happen!

The main thing I thought was A-WESOME were the escalators. They're flat, so that the carts can go uuup and dooown... pretty nifty!

No comments:

Post a Comment