Saturday, February 20, 2010

Then I Saw Will Ferrell...

... as Jesus. He said "It is time [to go to the hospital]".

On Monday night, as we were driving home from Tongyeong (yes, where I ate the raw oyster from the sea) I began to feel extremely tired, achey and my throat was beginning to hurt. I knew these were not signs of anything good to come. As soon as I got out of the car to walk to my apartment, I could feel that I might possibly have a fever. And that might possibly feeling.. was right! It started off pretty low grade, but miserable. I called Mista Lee to warn him, and he said we could go to the doctor in the morning. I woke up the next morning to a 102 and got it down before I had to leave to go to the doctor and school. By this time on Tuesday, my throat hadn't totally given out on me, but how soon would it ever! The Doctor, who is supposed to be good and the mother of a student from the school, sucked! To say the least. It took all of two minutes for her to take my temperature, look at my throat and say 'tonsilitis'. I was dumbfounded, you aren't going to listen to my lungs, take my blood pressure, heartrate, height, weight?! Whatever, she gave me about 4 pills to take 3 times a day. So I prayed it would get better!

Tuesday night, fever again and this time of 103.6, this actually happened directly after my last class of the night. I knew I needed to eat a decent meal, so I got take-out from my normal restaurant, and was SO miserable I sat in the corner and balled my eyes out! I had a huge scarf and hat on, so I don't think anyone noticed. But it was just painful to sit up let alone function! Of course, I freaked out. I don't normally get fevers, and I wasn't too sure about what to do. My director says that he thinks fevers are good for you, and I'm thinking not if it kills my brain cells!! I don't have very many to spare!!

On Wednesday, I felt 80% better, I was like 'phew, i'm gonna get through this!!' ... BUT then I woke up at 5AM with a 102.6 and I decided it was time for me to go to the hospital. I called Mista Lee's cell phone, it was turned off. I called his house phone, and his wife told me he was at church. CHURCH?! At 5AM, you aren't Catholic! I was flipping out at this point, miserable, not having a clue what was wrong with me. I called my parents while I waited for him to call me back, and flipped out at them because I was trying to get them to ask any doctor we know what they THINK could be wrong with me, so at least I have somewhere to start off with, with these Korean 'doctors'.

Anyways, Emergency Room, worst time of my life. I got there and had a high temperature. They gave me a shot in my butt, I still have no clue to this day what it was. They took this super long swab, and shoved down my nose to swab my throat.. the worst thing I've ever felt. And then they hooked me up to an IV. Still, never checking my lungs, nothing. They wound up giving me SIX pills to take THREE times a day, plus TamiFlu twice a day.



No fever last night, but this is still SO miserable! I haven't been blogging/facebooking/Skyping very much because I have literally been sleeping allll day long! I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support, their helping!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping your next post will find you back to your chipper self!

    ReplyDelete